This recipe is easily doubled, tripled, or quadrupled. Grilled asparagus tastes great at room temperature and makes a tempting addition to a dinner buffet or backyard barbeque.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 tsp. canola, grapeseed, or vegetable oil
- Lemon juice (optional)
- Prepare a gas or charcoal grill for high heat (you can hold your hand an inch above grate level for just 1 to 2 seconds).
- Trim or peel the asparagus (see How to Trim Asparagus and/or How to Peel Asparagus here if you've never prepared asparagus before).
- Toss the asparagus with oil to coat it thoroughly. Place the asparagus on the grill, cover, and cook until the asparagus color heightens and grill marks appear, about 5 minutes. Turn the asparagus, cover, and cook until tender, about 5 more minutes.
- Remove the asparagus from the grill. Sprinkle it with salt and lemon juice, if you like. Serve it hot or at room temperature.
Makes 2 to 4 servings Grilled Asparagus.