Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 8 nopales (cactus leaves)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- Use a sharp knife to cut off the spikes from the cactus leaves, if necessary (be very careful as you do this). Cut the trimmed nopales into 1/4-inch strips.
- In a large frying pan over medium high heat, heat the oil. Add the onion and nopales and salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until the nopales are tender and most of their liquid had evaporated, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the eggs and cook, stirring, until the eggs and nopales are combined and the eggs are set, about 3 minutes.
Serve Nopales and Eggs immediately.