Yogurt pancakes are fluffy, a snap to whip together, and a great way to work in some extra nutrition into the most important meal of the day.
This recipe is easy to halve or double as your breakfast needs demand.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: About 8 Pancakes
- 1 cup flour (or 3/4 cup flour and 1/4 cup cornmeal or other flour for texture and flavor)
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt (nonfat, low-fat, or whole milk all work here)
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter or vegetable oil
- Oil or spray oil for cooking
- Heat a griddle or large frying pan over medium high heat. Meanwhile, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; then whisk yogurt and eggs together; add yogurt and eggs to flour mixture and stir to combine. Stir in melted butter or oil.
- Spray oil on hot griddle and spoon batter into even cakes – about 8 – and let cook until bubbles form on the surface of the cakes, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook until golden brown on the other side, about another 2 minutes.
Serve pancakes hot, with butter, maple syrup, honey, or jam as you like.