Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- About 4 medium ears of sweet corn
- 1 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- Shuck corn and cut off kernels. Measure 2 cups corn kernels and set aside.
- Heat a griddle or large frying pan to medium-high heat. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- In a blender or food processor, whirl milk and 1 - 2 cups of the corn kernels until fully pureed (puree all the corn kernels for smooth, corn-flavored pancakes; puree half the corn kernels if you want to reserve some to add whole to the pancakes).
- Add eggs and oil to milk-corn mixture and whirl until blended. Add flour mixture, 1/3 at a time, and whirl until smooth after each addition. Add butter and pulse a few times to blend. Stir in reserved corn kernels if you chose kernel-laden cakes.
- Coat griddle or pan with a bit of butter or spray oil. Pour batter in about 3-tablespoon amounts to make 3- to 4-inch pancakes. Cook until bubbles appear over entire surface, about 2 minutes. Flip pancakes and cook until golden brown on second side and cooked through, about 1 minute. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve hot with butter and maple syrup.
Makes 4 servings (about 20 pancakes) Sweet Corn Pancakes.