This easy blueberry-laden cake has cornmeal for a bit of crunch and yogurt to keep it moist and delicious. Perfect with a cup of coffee or a glass of milk.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 - 3 cups blueberries
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 2/3 cups cornmeal
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 10 Tbsp. butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar plus 2 Tbsp.
- 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups plain yogurt
- Preheat oven to 325. Rinse blueberries, pat them dry, and set them aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, use an electric or standing mixer to cream butter and 3/4 cup of the sugar together. Add eggs, one at a time and beat for 30 seconds after each one to fully incorporate.
- Add vanilla and yogurt and beat to combine thoroughly.
- Add dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Spray oil or butter an 8x8 pan. Spread half the batter in the pan, top with half of the blueberries. Spread the remaining batter over the berries and top that batter with the remaining blueberries. Sprinkle with reserved 2 Tbsp. sugar.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about an hour and 10 minutes.