Chilled Avocado Soup takes advantage of avocado's naturally thick and creamy texture to make a luxuriously rich soup. Lime and cilantro brighten the richness. Serving it cold takes the edge off summer's worst heat.
Find more delicious Cooling Cold Soups that are perfect for summer.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 4 avocados
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken or vegetable stock (or homemade stock)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro leaves (optional)
- Halves avocados and remove their pits. Scoop out the avocado flesh into a blender. Add stock and lime juice and whirl until smooth. Let blender run for at least a full minute, if not two, to get a completely smooth texture.
- Taste soup and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve or cover and chill and serve chilly cold. Top with cilantro when ready to serve, if you like.