Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or minced
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon-style mustard
- 1 roasted red pepper, peeled
- 1 small red chile
- About 3/4 cup olive oil or mix of olive oil and canola or vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Whirl the egg, lemon juice, garlic, and mustard in a blender to combine. Add red pepper and chile and whirl to puree entire mixture.
- With blender running on a low speed, drip the oil in slowly, allowing each addition to incorporate into the egg mixture before adding more. As more oil is incorporated, you can add the oil more quickly.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately or cover and chill for up to two days.
Note: The garlic taste will get stronger as the rouille sits.