Note: The tapioca thickens the blackberry mixture a bit, feel free to omit it if you like.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 6 cups blackberries
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp quick-cooking or instant tapioca (optional)
- 1 cup oats
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat over to 350°F. In a 2-quart baking dish combine the blackberries, honey, lemon juice, and tapicoa. Toss to combine.
- Put the oats, flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor. Pulse several times to combine. Add the butter and pulse until well combined. Note: You can also work the ingredients together by hand in a large bowl.
- Spread the topping over berries—it doesn't need to be terribly even and leaving space here and there gives the filling something to bubble up through.
- Bake until the berry filling is bubbling and topping is browned, about 1 hour. Let cool at least slightly. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 6 to 8 serving Blackberry Honey Crisp.