These Chocolate Panna Cottas are made with Greek yogurt for thickness, tang, protein,and deliciousness!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Setting Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 4 hours, 20 minutes
Yield: 6 to 8 Panna Cottas
- 2 tsp. (1 envelope) gelatin
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3 oz. chocolate, chopped
- 1 3/4 cups Greek yogurt (or other thick, strained yogurt variety)
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Dissolve gelatin in 1/2 cup of the milk in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat the remaining 1 1/2 cups milk, sugar, cocoa, and chopped chocolate until steaming.
- Remove cocoa mixture from heat and whisk in gelatin mixture.
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt and vanilla. Whisk in cocoa mixture.
- Decrease setting time by placing the bowl that contains the mixture in an ice bath (a larger bowl filled with ice) and stir mixture until it cools down. This step is optional, but will significantly decrease the time it takes the panna cotta to set (from overnight to a few hours).
- Pour panna cotta mixture into 6 or 8 small ramekins. Cover and chill until set, sometime between 2 hours and overnight.