These desserts—red, white, blue—are perfect for July Fourth. Not only are the colors spot-on, but they use seasonal ingredients that are available locally in much of the U.S. come early July.
Red Desserts for July Fourth
Red is easy: strawberries, cherries, and raspberries are in or coming into season across the U.S. this time of year.
- For beyond-easy try a Cherry Fool, Raspberry Fool, or Strawberry Fool
- For something cool, make Strawberry Ice Cream or an Easy Strawberry Sauce
- If you feel like baking, try a Raspberry Cornmeal Cobbler, Cherry Clafoutis, or Strawberry Shortcake
- Get all-American with a Cherry Pie
- If we're all lucky and sour cherry hits a tad early, make Sour Cherry Turnovers or Sour Cherry Pie
White Desserts for July Fourth
Need I mention that all three of these white wonders both taste and look absolutely fabulous when topped with red and blue berries?