Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 jalapeno or other green chile (or about 1 Tbsp. canned chopped green chile)
- 3 avocados
- 1 small clove garlic (optional)
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- Roast chile by either toasting it directly over the flame on a gas stove or under a broiler, turning frequently. Let sit 5 or 10 minutes, pull off the charred skin, remove stem end and seeds, and mince.
- Meanwhile, pit avocados, scoop out flesh, and mash in a medium bowl. Mince garlic and finely chop cilantro. Add to avocado with lime juice and minced chile. Stir to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or store with plastic wrapped pressed directly to its surface to prevent browning and chilled.
Makes about 2 cups Chile & Cilantro Guacamole.
Craving something different? Try one of these guacamole recipes instead.