These carrots are cooked with whole cumin seeds and a bit of ginger for a nutty, sweet flavor.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. whole cumin seeds
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 5 carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/4-in. rounds
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup water
- In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add cumin seeds and cook, stirring, until they sizzle and start to brown, about 30 seconds. Add ginger and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 10 seconds.
- Add carrots, sprinkle with salt, and stir to combine. Add water, stir to combine, cover, and cook until carrots are tender to the bite, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Uncover and cook until liquid evaporates, if necessary. Serve hot or warm.
Makes 4 to 6 servings Cumin-Scented Gingery Carrots.