Note: Leftovers make a most welcome breakfast.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 4 pears (about 2 lbs.)
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 sprig rosemary (3-4 inches long)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (regular or quick-cooking but not instant)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Quarter, core, peel, and chop pears. In a large bowl, toss pears with lemon juice. Place rosemary sprig on the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish. Pour pears and lemon juice over rosemary sprig and set aside.
- In a food processor pulse oats, brown sugar, flour, butter, and salt until just combined. (You can also do this with your fingers or a fork.) Place chunks of this mixture evenly over top of the pears. Sprinkle a few grindings of pepper over the top, if you like. [
- Bake until bubbling around the edges and browned on top, about 40 minutes.
Makes 6 servings Rosemary Lemon Pear Crisp.