California Seasonal Fruits & Vegetables
Californians are surrounded by farmers markets. Find a Certified Farmers Market (one where farmers sell produce from their farms directly to consumers) near you with this Listing of California Farmers Markets.
Whether you're new to farmers markets or an old hand, check these Farmers Market Shopping Tips before you head out.
California Food Festivals
The Golden State is awash in food festivals from big splashy fairs to smaller community events. Find a festival near you or featuring your favorite California ingredient:
- Artichoke Festival (Castroville, California)
- Avocado Festival (Carpinteria, California)
- California's Artisan Cheese Festival (Petaluma, California)
- Gilroy Garlic Festival (Gilroy, California)
- Gravenstein Apple Fair (Sebastopol, California)
- Lambtown, USA (Dixon, California)
- Mendocino Crab & Wine Days (Mendocino, California)
- Petaluma Butter & Egg Days (Petaluma, California)
- Stockton Asparagus Festival (Stockton, California)
California Local Eating BlogsFind inspiration and ideas on eating locally in California on these fun and informative California Local Eating Blogs.
California CSAsCalifornia has plenty of community supported agriculture programs to choose from:
There are several sustainable, locally focused ranchers and livestock farms in California. Know of one that isn't listed here? Please email me at email@example.com.