From plump steamed lobster to truly wild blueberries, Maine is full of delicious local foods. Learn about the local food of Maine below with an introduction to Maine's seasonal produce, food festivals, farmers markets, and more.
Have a favorite thing about eating locally in Maine you don't see below? Tell us about it!
- Beddington Ridge Farm (Beddington, Maine)
- Berry Best Farm (Lebanon, Maine)
- Circle Farms (Caribou, Maine)
- Crabtree's Pick Your Own High-Bush Blueberries (Sebago, Maine)
- Goss Berry Farm (Mechanic Falls, Maine)
- Spiller Farm (Wells, Maine)
- Steep Hill Farm (Fayette, Maine)
- Wilton Blueberry Farm (Wilton, Maine)
Maine MunchiesMaine Munchies are snack mixes heavily influenced by dried berries - dried wild blueberries are, in one humble opinion, the best. They're made in Bar Harbor and found throughout New England.
Maine Local Food Resources
There is a lot going on local foods-wise in Maine. If you're looking for inspiration and like-minded folk, start with one of these organizations:
Or, for great recipe ideas that capture the taste of Maine, take a look at The Maine Summer Cookbook: Recipes for Delicious, Sun-Filled Days by Kinds Greenlaw and Martha Greenlaw (check prices here).