Mint, cumin, paprika, grated onion, and tender ground lamb make easy and super flavorful meatballs. Serve them with rice or pita bread with some Yogurt Tahini Lemon Sauce on the side.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 16 - 20 Lamb Meatballs
- 1 1/2 lb. ground lamb
- 1 small onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 Tbsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne (optional)
- Vegetable or canola oil for cooking
- In a large bowl, break up the ground lamb into small pieces. Peel onion and, using a large hole grater, grate the onion into the lamb.
- Mince garlic and add to lamb. Mince mint and add to lamb. Use your fingers to gently mix the onion, mint, and lamb together. Sprinkle mixture with paprika, cumin, salt, and cayenne, if using, and, again, use your fingers to gently but thoroughly mix the ingredients.
- Roll mixture into meatballs, about 2 Tbsp. at a time. Place them on a platter or baking sheet. Note: Damp hands will help keep the meat from sticking.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add 1 - 2 Tbsp. of oil to the pan, swirl to spread over cooking surface, and add as many meatballs as fit in a single layer without touching. Cook, turning to brown all sides, until meatballs are cooked through, about 8 minutes total. If you need to work in batches, remove meatballs to a baking sheet and keep them warm in a 200°F oven and cook remaining meatballs.