Pancetta Chicken is an easy way to deliciously roast cut-up chicken by simply combining it with pancetta, garlic, and olives to add tons of flavor. Serve this easy dish with plenty of crusty bread to sop up the delicious pan juices and a crisp green salad to provide some veggies and fresh contrast.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 chicken
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 head garlic
- 3 thick slices pancetta or bacon, finely chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 to 1 cup pitted black olives
- Cut the backbone out of the chicken (if you're like me, you'll save it for chicken broth) and cut the chicken into 10 pieces: 2 drumsticks, 2 thighs, 2 wings, and each breast half cut in half. Put the chicken pieces in a baking pan, sprinkle them all over with salt. Cover and chill the chicken overnight.
- Heat an oven to 450°F. While the oven heats, peel the garlic cloves.
- Drain off and discard any juices that have accumulated in the pan and pat the chicken pieces dry. Rub the chicken pieces all over with the olive oil. Scatter the garlic and pancetta over and around the chicken. Pour the wine into the pan.
- Cook until the chicken just starts to brown, about 20 minutes.
- Add the black olives to the pan and cook until the chicken is cooked through and the skin is well browned, about 30 more minutes.
- Let the chicken rest for about 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy Pancetta Chicken hot, warm, or at room temperature, as you like.