A simple dusting of paprika and salt gives pork chops a little kick of flavor with minimal effort. Dedicated locavores should also know that paprika pairs particularly well with the more intense flavor of pastured pork
. Different types of paprika (hot, smoked, sweet, bittersweet) will give the chops different flavor, so feel free to experiment.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 Paprika Prok Chops
- 4 pork chops
- 1 teaspoon paprika (I like to use smoked paprika in this recipe)
- 1 teaspoon fine sea sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- Rinse the pork chops and pat them thoroughly dry.
- In a small bowl combine the paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle both sides of all the chops evenly with the spice mixture. Set aside the chops while you prepare the pan.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add the oil and heat until the oil shimmers. Add the pork chops – they should make a bright sizzling sound immediately. Cook, undisturbed, until well browned and the chops release from the pan of their own accord, about 4 minutes. Turn and repeat on the other side.
- Remove the chops from pan and let sit, covered loosely with foil, for about 10 minutes. Serve.