Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3/4 lb. fusilli or shells
- 2 ears corn
- 2 medium tomatoes (or equivalent)
- 1/2 lb. green beans
- 1 jalapeno chile (optional)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup grated fresh pecorino, crumbled feta, or cheese of your choice
- Cilantro or basil for garnish (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions until just tender to the bite. Drain.
- Meanwhile, shuck corn and cut off kernels. Set aside.
- Core, seed, and chop tomatoes and set aside.
- Trim green beans and cut into 1- to 2-inch lengths and set aside.
- Finely chop chile, if using, and garlic. Note: If you like your chile less hot, remove the seeds.
- In the empty pasta pot (if it's not toobig) or a large frying pan or saute pan heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and chile and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add beans, 1/4 cup of water, and salt. Cover and cook 3 minutes. Add corn, cover and cook 2 minutes. Add pasta and tomatoes and stir to combine and heat everything. Serve hot, warm, or set it aside to cool and serve later - this dish also works as a pasta salad!
- Sprinkle with cheese and garnish with cilantro or basil just before serving.
Note: The green beans will turn a bit grayish upon sitting. To keep them bright green for the pasta salad version, blanch them for 30 seconds in the pasta water before adding the pasta and then chill them under cold running water or in a bowl of ice water..
Make 4 servings Bean, Corn Tomato Pasta.