If you are making pork chops. Consider browning them in the pan and then using that pan, without washing it, to make the pears in. The bourbon will deglaze the delicious browned bits form the meat and make the pears even more flavorful.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 pears
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. bourbon
- 2 cloves garlic (optional)
- 2 small dried chiles such as arbol (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Quarter, core, and peel the pearspears. Cut each quarter into 2 or 3 wedges.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Remove the pan from the stove and add the bourbon. It will sizzle vigorously when you do this. Return the pan to the heat and add the garlic and chiles, if using. Cook, stirring, until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the pears, sprinkle with salt, stir to combine and cook, covered, until the pears are tender and shiny, about 5 minutes.
Makes 4 to 6 servings Savory Bourbon-Glazed Pears.