Blueberry Turnovers are an easy – and delicious! – way to enjoy fresh summer blueberries. Serve with ice cream or simply a cup of coffee.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Yield: 6 Blueberry Turnovers
- 1 recipe Perfectly Flaky Pie Crust or your favorite pie crust recipe
- 3 cups blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- Prepare the pie crust recipe. Divide the dough into 6 pieces and pat each one into a 1/2-inch-thick disk. Wrap in plastic and chill for at least an hour and up to 2 days.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl combine the blueberries, sugar, and flour. Use your hands to toss the mixture until the juice from the blueberries combines with the sugar and flour to make a sand-like mixture coating the blueberries.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough disks into 6-inch circles. Place 1/6 of the filling on one side of a circle, fold the dough over to cover the fruit and make a half-circle/moon-shape, crimp the edges, and repeat with the remaining dough and fruit.
- Place the turnovers onto a baking sheet and bake until the fruit is bubbling and the crust is browned, about 50 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.