Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 shallot
- 1 Tbsp. sherry vinegar (red wine vinegar works too)
- 1/2 tsp.salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground mustard
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Mince shallot and put in a small bowl, a jar, or the bottom of a large salad bowl if you plan to make the salad soon.
- Add vinegar, salt, pepper, and mustard. Whisk (or shake jar) to combine. Let sit at least 10 minutes.
- Whisk in olive oil. Use the same day or cover and chill for up to a week (let come to room temperature before using).
Makes enough Shallot Vinaigrette for 6 to 8 cups lettuce.