Parsley and Mint Tabouli Tabouli Salad is full of parsley and fresh mint. Serve it alongside grilled meats or as part of a vegetarian spread.
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 cup cracked wheat bulgar
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, divided
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 bunches flat leaf parsley
- Put bulgar in a medium bowl and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. salt. Add 1 1/2 cups boiling water, cover, and let sit 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whirl olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic in a blender (or, pulse garlic in a food processor until minced, then add oil and juice). Add half of the mint leaves, remaining 1/2 tsp. salt, and pepper. Whirl until mint leaves are minced into the dressing and the dressing is more or less smooth. Taste and adjust salt and pepper.
- Clean and chop parsley leaves and remaining mint leaves.
- Drain bulgar, if necessary. Pour dressing over the bulgar and toss to combine well. Add parsley and mint and toss to combine well. Serve immediately or cover and chill until ready to serve, up to overnight.