Caprese salad is a delicious tomato salad and couldn't be easier to make. Like all simple dishes, the quality of the ingredients really shines, so be sure to use the ripest, most flavorful tomatoes you can find, fresh mozzarella, and fragrant sparkling green basil in this caprese salad recipe. This recipe is endlessly flexible - the amounts below are more guidelines than anything. Feel free to pay with the proportions or add other elements to suit your taste.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 6 medium very ripe tomatoes
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella
- 6 large basil leaves
- 4 Tbsp. good quality extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, preferable good quality sea salt
- Cut tomatoes and mozzarella into even slices. Layer them on a serving platter or four individual salad plates.
- Cut basil leaves into thin ribbons and sprinkle them over the salad(s). Drizzle salad(s) with olive oil and sprinkle with salt to taste. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 Caprese Salads.