Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 6 medium very ripe tomatoes
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella
- 6 large basil leaves
- 4 Tbsp. good quality extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, preferable good quality sea salt
- Cut tomatoes and mozzarella into even slices. Layer them on a serving platter or four individual salad plates.
- Cut basil leaves into thin ribbons and sprinkle them over the salad(s). Drizzle salad(s) with olive oil and sprinkle with salt to taste. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 Caprese Salads.