Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- 2 tsp. rice wine vinegar plus more to taste
- 1 bunch celery
- 1/2 small red onion
- In a medium bowl, combine ginger and 2 tsp. rice wine vinegar.
- Separate stalks of celery, rinse and dry them, and trim off any tough ends or damaged sections. Slice celery as thinly as possible at a slight diagonal angle.
- Peel and thinly slice red onion. Rinse and dry to reduce the harsher raw-onion flavor, if you like.
- Toss celery and onion with ginger vinegar. Add more vinegar and salt to taste.
Makes 4 to 6 servings Gingery Celery & Red Onion Salad.