Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 celery root (celeriac)
- 3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. coarse-grain or country style mustard
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, peel celery root and shred it on a large-hole grater.
- When water is boiling add salt and shredded celery root. Cook until celery root is tender, about 2 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water, and pat thoroughly dry.
- In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard, and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in celery root to coat thoroughly. Serve immediately or store, chilled, for up to two days.
Makes 4 to 6 servings Celery Root Salad.