Crunchy sweet corn kernels and chunks of creamy avocado coated with a spicy lime dressing makes a great salad, salsa, or relish - depending on how you want to use it. Serve it on a bed of greens, on tacos, or with chips.
Like the idea of a spicy lime dressing but prefer your corn cooked? Try this spicy grilled corn salad.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 3 ears sweet corn
- 1 sweet red pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 3 Tbsp. vegetables oil
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 avocados
- Cut kernels from ears of corn and put in a large bowl. Dice red pepper and red onion and add them to the corn kernels.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine oil, lime juice, vinegar, salt, cayenne, and pepper. Stir or whisk to combine and pour over corn mixture. Toss to coat vegetables thoroughly.
- Mince cilantro leaves and add to salad. Toss to combine. (Note: The salad can be made up to this point up to a day in advance. Cover and chill until about an hour before serving. Allow to come to room temperature before serving.)
- Just before serving, dice avocado, add to salad, and toss gently to combine.
Makes about 3 cups Corn Avocado Salad/Salsa.