This Endive Kumquat Salad is the perfect end-of-winter salad - it's just bright enough to give you hope for spring. The bitter endive and tart kumquats are the perfect offering after heavy roasts and stews.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 4 Belgian endives
- About 10 sprigs parsley
- About 10 sprigs mint
- 10 kumquats
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice (Meyer lemon juice works nicely here, too)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. vegetable or olive oil (nothing too strong!)
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. salt
- Cut off the ends of the endive, cut the trimmed endive into bite size pieces, and put them in a salad bowl.
- Pinch the leaves off the parsley and mint sprigs. Tear the leaves into smaller pieces and add them to the endive.
- Cut the kumquats into quarters and add them to the salad.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, oil, and salt. Drizzle this simple dressing over the salad. Toss the salad to coat everything evenly with the dressing. Serve immediately.