This Endive Salad With Walnuts is crisp, easy, and as delicious as it is nutritious.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 4 - 6 heads Belgian endive
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 3 Tbsp. toasted walnut oil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice or cider vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 tsp. whole grain mustard
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Trim ends off endives. Roughly chop or slice the endives into bite-size pieces.
- Toast walnuts in the oven for about 5 minutes (watch carefully, they go from not done to burnt in a blink).
- In a salad bowl, whisk together the oil, mustards, and lemon juice or vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put chopped or sliced endive into the bowl and toss until evenly coated with the dressing. Sprinkle toasted walnuts on top and serve.