This salad may be simple, but it's wonderfully pretty and full of flavor. The mild and sweet persimmons highlight the peppery bite of arugula in this fall salad.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 bunch arugula
- 1 to 2 fuyu persimmons
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. sherry vinegar, lemon juice, or red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. dijon mustard
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- Rinse and dry the arugula, set aside.
- Hull, peel, and slice the persimmon(s) into wedges, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, garlic, and mustard into a creamy-looking dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the arugula to the bowl and toss gently but thoroughly to completely coat the leaves with the dressing.
- Add the persimmon and toss gently to combine.
- Transfer the salad into 4 to 6 plates, making sure to distribute the persimmon wedges evenly.
Makes 4 to 6 servings Persimmon Arugula Salad.