This salad of crunchy, slightly bitter radicchio leaves coated with a rich green olive dressing was inspired by a salad I had at Toro Bravo in Portland. That salad was radicchio with a Parmesan dressing and green olive crostini - here the flavors are brought together into a single bowl.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 head radicchio
- 18 green olives
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. sherry vinegar or lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Freshly shredded Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Trim the radicchio and cut or tear it into shreds or bite-size pieces. Put the radicchio in a large salad bowl.
- Mince the olives and garlic into a paste and then mix with oil, vinegar or lemon juice, and add salt and pepper to taste. (You can also do this in a blender, if you like.)
- Toss the radicchio with the dressing. Serve topped with plenty of finely grated Parmesan cheese.