Look for U.S. wild-caught or U.S. farmed shrimp – U.S. shrimp fishermen follow solid environmental practices that don't create the environmental destruction of some foreign shrimp farms and trawlers.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 6 cups salad greens
- 1 or 2 avocados
- 1 lb. peeled, deveined, cooked shrimp
- Cilantro for garnish (optional)
- For the Jalapeno Dressing:
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 - 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and minced
- Salt to taste
- Clean the greens and place them in a large wide bowl or on a platter.
- Halve the avocados, remove the pits, peel them , and cut them into cite-size pieces. Put the avocado on the greens.
- Top the salad with the shrimp.
- Whirl the oil, juice, garlic, and jalapeno in a blender or food processor. Add salt to taste. Drizzle the dressing over the salad.
- Garnish with cilantro, if you like, and serve immediately.