Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 lb. mai fun vermicelli rice noodles
- 8 cups lettuce
- 4 carrots
- 1 lb. tofu, cooked chicken or shrimp
- 1 large spring onion or 6 green onions
- 6 to 8 stems fresh mint
- 1 recipe Nuoc Cham Vietnamese Dipping Sauce
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add noodles and cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside. Divide between 4 to 6 large bowls.
- Clean and dry lettuce. Divide between bowls.
- Peel and shred carrots, divide between bowls.
- Top each salad with tofu, chicken, or shrimp.
- Finely chop or thinly slice onion(s) and divide between bowls.
- Cut mint into ribbons and sprinkle over salads.
- Serve salads with dipping sauce and allow each diner to drizzle the spicy dressing on their salad to taste.
Makes 4 or 6 Vietnamese Spring Noodle Salads.