Green peppers - both sweet and spicy – are combined with green onions and green herbs to make a fresh, flavorful relish perfect for topping on beans, burgers, sausages, or almost anything off the grill.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 3/4 cup Green Pepper Relish
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 green onions
- 8 stems cilantro
- 6 stems flat-leaf parsley
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Stem and seed the green pepper and the jalapeño. Roughly chop the pepper, chile, and garlic. Put them in a food processor and pulse until minced, or mince by hand.
- Trim and roughly chop the green onions. Add them to the processor (or, again, mince them by hand).
- Take the leaves off the cilantro and parsley and put them in the processor. Pulse until onion and herbs are roughly worked into the relish (again, this is possible to do with a knife if you're determined).
- Stir in the olive oil and add salt to taste.