By putting roasted chiles and grated cheddar cheese into the burgers themselves, you can cook these Green Chile Cheeseburgers thoroughly and they stay juicy and flavorful. Cook them perfectly with these 10 Tips for Perfect Burgers.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6 Green Chile Cheeseburgers
- 1 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 pasilla chiles or other large, mild, green chiles, roasted, peeled, and chopped
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp. salt
- Heat a grill to medium high heat (you should be able to hold your hand about an inch over the cooking grate for 2 to 3 seconds).
- In a large bowl, combine beef, chopped roasted chiles, cheese, and salt. Use your hands to break apart the meat gently and combine all the ingredients.
- Divide mixture into 6 equal parts and shape each one into a 3/4-inch-thick patty with a dent in the middle (as the meat cooks it will contract, the dent will keep it a patty-shape).
- Place patties on the hot grill. Cook, flipping over once, until browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes each side for medium.