A simple creamy artichoke salad spread on small toasts works as an appetizer, canape, or part of a light lunch of tea party. Feel free to garnish at will!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 can artichoke hearts or 1 pint jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream or yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. minced chives, plus more for garnish (optional)
- 1 tsp. lemon juice, plus more to taste
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Thinly sliced bread – dark rye and pumpernickel are particularly tasty – about 8 slices, depending on the size of the bread
- Drain the artichokes and chop them finely.
- Put the artichokes in a medium bowl and add the mayonnaise, sour cream or yogurt, garlic, chives, and lemon juice. Add more lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Toast the bread, let it cool slightly, and top it with the artichoke mixture. Garnish with chives, if you like.
Makes 4 to 8 servings Artichoke Toasts.