Sauteed pea greens—cooked quickly and simply—are a wonderful way to use the tender young vines of pea plants.
- Trim off and discard any tough end of about 1 lb. pea greens.
- Heat about 1 Tbsp. olive oil or grapeseed oil in a very large frying pan or wok over high heat.
- If you like, add 1 clove minced garlic and/or several chopped green onions and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add pea greens and cook, stirring, until pea greens wilt and soften, about 3 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt. Drizzle with a bit of high quality extra-virgin olive oil (lemon infused oil is particularly lovely on pea greens) and add a squirt of lemon juice, if you like.