A few chopped olives add a salty depth to collard greens, kale, or Swiss chard. You can even use spinach, just reduce the greens' cooking time to just 3 or 4 minutes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: Makes 4 Servings
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. olive oil or other cooking oil
- 12 pitted olives, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch collard greens, kale, or Swiss chard thinly sliced or chopped
- 1/8 tsp. salt plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- Fresh lemon juice (optional)
- Heat a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add oil. Swirl and add olives. Cook, stirring, until sizzling briskly, about 1 minute.
- Add greens and salt, stir to combine, add 1/4 cup water. Cover, reduce heat to medium low and cook until greens are well wilted, about 3 minutes. Stir, cover, and cook until tender. Depending on the greens used (chard will take a shorter time than the others) and your taste, this will take anywhere from 3 to 8 minutes.
- Add pepper and lemon juice to taste, as you like.
Makes 4 servings Greens & Olives.