Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 Tbsp. butter or oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Walnut oil for drizzling (optional)
- Trim ends of brussels sprouts and pull off the darker outer leaves. Cut brussels sprouts in half and set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add walnuts and cook, stirring frequently, until toasted, about 3 minutes. Transfers walnuts to a dish and set aside.
- Return pan to heat and melt butter or heat oil. Add brussels sprouts, salt, and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to simmer and cook, undisturbed, until brussels sprouts are bright green and tender almost all the way through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Uncover and continue to cook, stirring, until brussels sprouts are tender and starting to brown, about 3 minutes. Add walnuts and stir to combine.
- Transfer brussels sprouts to a serving dish and drizzle with walnut oil, if you like. Serve hot or warm. Cover loosely with foil to keep warm for up to an hour, if desired.
Makes 4 servings Brussels Sprouts With Walnuts.