This Cauliflower Gratin is a "dry" gratin. The vegetable simply coated with a bit of butter, topped with cheese and bread crumbs, and baked until golden, melty, and crispy.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
- 1/3 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. fresh bread crumbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut cauliflower into small, bite-size florets.
- Bring 2 Tbsp. water to a boil in a large frying pan. Add cauliflower, cover, and cook until just tender to the bite, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, generously butter a gratin or baking dish.
- Toss cauliflower with garlic, if using. Transfer to buttered dish. Sprinkle cheese and bread crumbs evenly over cauliflower. Salt and pepper to taste and dot with any remaining butter.
- Cook until hot and browned, about 15 minutes.
Makes 4 servings Cauliflower Gratin.