Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 heads cooking greens like kale or collard greens
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil or butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt, plus more to taste
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Rinse and dry greens. Chop greens and set aside.
- Heat oil or melt butter in a large frying pan or pot over medium heat. Add onions,garlic, and salt and cook, stirring frequently, until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add ginger, turmeric, and pepper. Stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add greens, stir to combine, reduce heat to medium low and cook until greens start to wilt, about 3 minutes.
- Cover and cook until completely wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Quicker cooking greens like chard or spinach will be ready now. Heartier greens will become sweeter and more savory if you cover them and cook an additional 15 minutes.
Makes 6 servings Greens With Onion, Ginger & Pepper.