Get the crispy delicious browned bits you find on roasted or grilled asparagus without having to heat up your oven or grill. Pan-roasted asparagus is tasty, quick, and couldn't be easier. Enhance the nicely browned yet grassy green asparagus with a sprinkle of large grained salt, fleur de sel, or any other fancy salt you have in the cupboard.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 tsp. to 1 Tbsp. olive oil, grapeseed oil, or other cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice or zest to taste (optional)
- Trim the asparagus by either snapping off the ends or peeling the ends of the spears.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large frying pan.
- Add the trimmed asparagus to the pan. Cover it and cook, shaking the pan occasionally, until the asparagus is browned and tender, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt and/or lemon juice or zest to taste. Serve hot or warm.
Makes 4 servings Pan-Roasted Asparagus.