As you might imagine, this recipe easily doubles or triples, as long as your baking sheet is big enough!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb. trimmed green beans
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Put the green beans in a large bowl, drizzle with the olive oil, and toss to coat the beans thoroughly.
- Lift the green beans out of the bowl (allowing any excess oil to stay in the bottom of the bowl) and spread them in a single layer on a baking sheet or in a shallow baking pan.
- Roast the beans for about 10 minutes. Remove the pan from oven and sprinkle with the garlic and/or lemon zest, if you like. Roast the beans for another 2 or 3 minutes, until beans are starting to brown on the tips. Sprinkle with salt to taste. Serve hot or warm.
Make 4 to 6 servings Roasted Green Beans.