This recipe is endlessly flexible. Make as many (provided your pan and oven are large enough) as you like and feel free to add herbs, spices, or flavored salts as the mood strikes you.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 lbs. potatoes, yellow finns and yukon golds are particularly tasty in this recipe
- Olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Scrub potatoes clean. Leave very small potatoes whole. Cut all other potatoes into bite-size pieces.
- Put potatoes in a baking pan large enough to hold them in single layer (more or less). Drizzle potatoes with olive oil and, using your hands, toss to coat potatoes thoroughly and evenly. Sprinkle with salt and toss to combine.
- Bake potatoes until browned and tender, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with black pepper, if you like, and serve hot or warm.
Makes 6 to 8 servings Roasted Potatoes.