Sweet pears, crispy fennel, and crunchy walnuts make a beautiful and delicious (not to mention easy) fall salad.
Note: It's a lovely and tasty addition to the Thanksgiving table.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 bulb fennel
- 2 pears (Anjou, French butter, and Comice pears are particularly good here)
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice, divided
- 3 Tbsp. walnut oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- Trim fennel, cut the bulb in half lengthwise, and slice very thinly. Core pears and slice them very thinly (you can also peel them if you like). In a large bowl, toss fennel and pear with 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice.
- Whisk walnut oil, remaining lemon juice, and salt to combine.
- Arrange fennel and pears on 4 to 6 plates and drizzle each plate with dressing. Sprinkle walnuts on top (I like walnut halves in this salad, but you can chop them if you prefer). Serve immediately.