The people who live in my house (i.e. my husband and my son) tend to eat up any snap peas I bring home before I can do a thing with them. When I can squirrel some away until dinner time I love to turn them into this sweet and crunchy salad.
Tip: zest the lemon before you cut it in half to juice it!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 1 lb. snap peas
- 2 - 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. finely grated lemon zest (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 12 leaves fresh mint
- Rinse, dry, and trim the snap peas. Thinly slice them or more roughly chop them up, depending on how much you want to impress those who are going to eat it. Set snap peas aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Taste, adding more oil to soften the flavor, if you like, or more lemon, salt, or pepper to taste.
- Finely chop the mint. Add the snap peas and mint to the dressing. Toss until all the snap peas are evenly coated with the dressing. Serve immediately or cover and chill up to a few hours before serving.