This shaved zucchini salad includes plenty of mint and lemon, along with a drizzle of olive oil.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 4 small or 3 medium zucchinis
- 3 to 4 sprigs of mint
- 1 lemon
- About 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Clean zucchinis and pat them dry. Trim and slice and thinly and evenly as possible (a mandoline is handy here, but a sharp knife and a steady hand work just as well). Layer zucchini slices onto a serving platter.
- Take mint leaves off their stems and stack in a layer. Roll the leaves lengthwise into a cigarette shape and cut into thin ribbons (see step-by-step photos to cutting an herb chiffonade). Set aside.
- Use a microplate or zester to zest the lemon over the zucchini. Once you have most of the zest off the lemon, cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice over the zucchini.
- Drizzle zucchini with olive oil and sprinkle with salt to taste. Top the entire salad with the mint.