Make use of the by-product of jack o'lanterns and see how easy it is to roast pumpkin seeds.
- Scoop seeds and "guts" from pumpkin(s).
- Use your fingers to separate the seeds from the goopy flesh. Put seeds in a large bowl.
- Cover seeds with cool water and and swish around. Pull off any orange pumpkin bits still clinging to the seeds.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Drain pumpkin seeds and shake off any excess water. Spread on a clean kitchen towels or layer of paper towels and dry thoroughly.
- Put seeds in a bowl and toss with about 1 tsp. vegetable oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, or seasoned salt, if you like, and toss to coat thoroughly.
- Spread seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast until golden and crispy, about 15 minutes. Let cool at least slightly and serve warm or at room temperature.
Did you know you can also roast squash seeds? You can! See How to Roast Squash Seeds.