Pan Con Tomate is a simple Spanish trick for turning bread, garlic, and tomato into an insanely delicious snack or light meal. The amounts here are very loose and describe the process more than anything - make as much or as little Pan Con Tomate as you like!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 1-2 servings of Pan Con Tomate
- about a 6-inch piece of French or Italian bread
- garlic clove
- very ripe tomato
- good-quality olive oil
- a slice or two of jamon or prosciutto (optional)
- Cut bread in half lengthwise. Peel garlic and cut in half lengthwise. Rub the cut-side of each piece of bread with a cut-side of the garlic.
- Cut the tomato in half. Rub each cut=side of each piece of bread with the cut side of a tomato half. You want to really push as much of the tomato into the bread as you can.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Top with a slice of prosciutto, if you like.