Prosciutto Arugula Salad Rolls are simply slices of prosciutto wrapped around a bit of lightly dressed arugula salad - an easy and tempting appetizer.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: Makes 8 Prosciutto Salad Rolls
- 8 slices prosciutto or other thinly sliced cured ham
- 1 clove shallot
- 1 Tbsp. white wine or champagne vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups small leaf arugula (or larger leaf arugula torn into bite-size pieces)
- Separate the still-cold prosciutto slices and set them aside to come to room temperature.
- Mince the shallot and put it in a large salad bowl. Add vinegar, salt, and pepper and let sit a few minutes.
- Whisk in oil. Add arugula to dressing and toss gently until leaves are evenly coated.
- Working with one slice of prosciutto at a time, place a handful (about 3/4 cup) of the salad on a slice of prosciutto, and roll it up. Repeat with remaining prosciutto and salad.
Serve Prosciutto Salad Rolls immediately.